Ozone (O3) is a powerful bacteria killer that is 3000 times stronger than bleach, 1000 times faster than any other disinfectant on the market, and completely safe for the environment. Ozone leaves absolutely no surface residue and is approved by the FDA as a food additive/preservative that is commonly used for water purification.
WHAT IS OZONE?
Ozone (O3) is known as “active oxygen” as it is a molecule made up of three Oxygen atoms. It is created in nature by the combination of oxygen in the air we regularly breathe (O2) and the ultraviolet rays of the sun or by the corona discharge that occurs during a lightning storm. Ozone is a natural purifier and powerful oxidizer that has a clean, fresh scent (often noticed after a rainstorm).
WHAT DOES OZONE DO?
- The Ozone layer in the atmosphere protects the earth from deadly radiation and is what makes the sky look blue.
- Ozone destroys bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew. (See the list attached)
- Ozone eliminates spores, cysts, yeast, and fungus.
- Ozone oxidizes iron, sulfur, manganese and hydrogen sulfate.
- Ozone eliminates oils and other contaminants found in athletic venues.
- Ozone eliminates odors in air, such as smoke, and body odor smell like we get in our athletic facilities.
- Ozone gets deep into the fabric of the athletic equipment to kill all germs (not just the ones on the surface) like most chemicals.
- Ozone keeps food and water fresh.
WHERE IS OZONE USED?
- In 1906, Nice, France built the first water purification plant to use ozone.
- Almost all NFL and NHL teams use some form of Ozone to disinfect their equipment.
- Los Angeles, California has the largest ozone drinking water treatment plant in the world.
- Most bottled water is purified by ozone.
- Ozone is used to clean water and toxic waste.
- Ozone purifies water in well and home drinking water systems.
- Ozone systems have brought life back to “dead” contaminated lakes and pools.
- Ozone is used to purify air in hotel rooms, boats, RV’s, cars, and smoke/fire damaged structures.
- Ozone is used in thousands of residential and commercial pools and spas all over the world.
- Ozone does not have to be purchased or stored.
- Ozone is generated “on site” and is introduced into the water or air automatically.
- Ozone does not affect the pH balance of water, thus minimizing pH adjustments.
- Ozone helps reduce total dissolved solids in water so that the water does not have to be changed as often.
- Ozone eliminates much of the routine maintenance because it does such an effective job keeping the water clean.
- In Europe they have started using Ozone to treat some medical conditions such as Cancer and Aids.
- Last year Ozone was used to save Christmas for a group of under privileged children back east when a skunk sprayed the toys. They thought they were ruined but Ozone killed the smell on the toys and saved Christmas.
FACTS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- There are over 200,000 bacteria per sq. inch in your carpet.
- 5000 bacteria per sq. inch in your sink
- 500 bacteria per sq. inch on you computer keyboard
- 50,000 bacteria per sq. inch on your bed mattress.
- MRSA is found in all houses.
- MRSA kill 19,000 people a year (More than AIDS)
- CA-MRSA (community acquired MRSA) grew 134% last year
- Utah had over 20,000 cases of MRSA last year.
- MRSA is getting so bad the state government is working on a bill to require schools, gyms, hospitals and public places to adopt a disinfection system.
This treatment will save you thousands of dollars a year. It will replace the cost of having to have your ducts, carpets, wall and ceiling professionally cleaned.
- Your Athletic equipment and facilities will be completely germ free with out the risk of breaking down the material like other disinfectants do, and your facilities will always smell clean.
OZONE IS HEALTHY
- Ozone leaves no chemical by-products.
- Ozone leaves no chemical taste or smell.
- Ozone will not burn eyes or make them red or irritated.
- Ozone will not irritate or dry out skin, nose, or ears.
- Ozone will not leave a chemical film on material or skin.
- Ozone will not discolor or damage athletic equipment or clothing.
- Ozone rids the air of unhealthy microorganisms.
- Ozone is NOT a carcinogen.
- Ozone when used as directed is the safest and most effective disinfectant on the planet, and regular use will help eliminate all the conditions that plague athletic competition.
OZONE IS SAFE FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AS WELL AS EQUIPTMENT
- Ozone will not explode.
- Ozone is not a fire hazard.
- When used as directed in the dose required for excellent purification, ozone does not produce harmful fumes.
- Ozone will not damage plumbing fittings or pipes.
- Ozone will free up a lot of space that you use to store the chemicals you use now.
- Ozone has just been approved by the FDA as a safe form of disinfection in meat packing plants and store butcher shops.